Welcome to my blog :)

rss

lördag 1 maj 2010

5/2 Beauty is Easy

Please add updates@feedmyinbox.com to your address book to make sure you receive these messages in the future.
Beauty is Easy Feed My Inbox

Get Your Faux Glow On, Part I: Smashbox Naked Beauty Halo Hydrating Perfecting Bronzer
May 1, 2010 at 5:10 PM

As the sun starts to make a more regular appearance, it can be tempting to want to run outside and start working on your tan. But we all know better than to slather up with oil and bake. I want to live as long and wrinkle free life as possible, so I’m a faithful sunscreen user. That however keeps me pretty pale all summer long. I just love that sunkissed look with white or bright colored clothes. That sallow winter pallor erased from my skin…. so I faux tan it.

Even though the faux tan has come a long way from the “orange” days, it can still be tricky to find products and shades that work right for you. I’m fair skinned, so many bronzers are too dark for me. And my acne prone skin rules out many self-tanners being used on my face. Last week though I got to try out two good candidates I want to share with you.

Like, I said before, bronzer can be tricky. Besides finding the right shade, application is a learning skill. So when I got a sample of Smashbox’s Naked Beauty Halo Hydrating Perfecting Bronzer, I first tried it out at night before washing my face for the evening. This fun bronzer is a solid compact fitted with a shaver. The shaver shaves off a bit off powder for the compact, allowing you to use as little or as much loose powder as you want. I started with a little and a fluffy blush brush. Following the directions, I applied it to my cheekbones, forehead, bridge of the nose and chin. I looked weird – too dark. So I washed it off and tried the next day. I shaved just a tiny bit of powder and very, very lightly applied the bronzer. Much better! The look was natural so I gave it a daytime run the next morning.

A couple great things about this bronzer: I needed so little that it will last me forever. It’s oil free (no worries about breaking out), talc free and paraben free. It contains ingredients to help decrease the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. It has a light fruity scent and a mirror in the lid.

A few gripes: It only comes in one shade, so I have to be super careful to only apply a little bit. The lid doesn’t stay shut very well. And I don’t think I’ll ever apply it anywhere where it’d help with wrinkles (not gonna apply it around my eyes).

Check out my review of Rodial’s Brazilian Tan Daily coming soon!

Another option for a faux glow is the self-tanner. Rodial is known for their great smelling, natural looking self-tanners. Last year I reviewed the Brazilian Tan Light and this past week I gave Brazilian Tan Daily a spin. This is one of those build-a-tan products: each application make your skin slightly darker. It’s made for face and body and is a perfect option for those weary of streaking self-tanner. The color is so light with each application that I didn’t have any problems with streaks or splotches. The formula is made with shea butter and vitamin E which was great as a moisturizer (and didn’t cause any breakouts on my face – yay!). It also has a delicious coconut scent that smells like a tropical vacation. This was great ! on my fair skin, giving me a natural looking glow that lasted for days. The results are so subtle that I’m not sure how it’d work for those who already have darker skin. Or if you are looking for a more baked in the sun tan, Rodial makes Brazilian Tan Dark.

 

FREE Astrological Reading (For Your Lips)
May 1, 2010 at 4:21 PM

TotalBeauty.com

See which lip color best suits your sign

FREE Astrological Reading (For Your Lips)

This is a TotalBeauty.com make up article

Your particular zodiac sign says a bit about your persona, so trying a new lipstick based on your sign is a fun, New Age-y way to find a new lip color.

Get your lipstick horoscope

 

This email was sent to blogmanazer@gmail.comCreate an Account
Don't want to receive this feed any longer? Unsubscribe here
This email was carefully delivered by Feed My Inbox. 230 Franklin Road Suite 814 Franklin, TN 37064


0 kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar